The Political Ecology Reading Group meets approx. every second Wednesday, 12:00-13:30, at the ICOSS Building, Third Floor meeting room. The upcoming programme for the group is below. If you are interested in joining the mailing list, joining the group or presenting a paper, please email Esther Marijnen on email@example.com
- 11/10/2017 | Benjamin Neimark (Lancaster University): presentation of project ‘Vanilla crisis and Security in Madagascar’
- 25/10/2017 | Esther Marijnen (University of Sheffield): discussion OF draft paper ‘Pluralizing political forests: Multi-layered authority surrounding charcoal in Virunga National Park, DR Congo’
- 01/11/2017 | Reading article ‘Green states in Africa: beyond the usual suspects’ Carl Death, in Environmental Politics’.
- 15/11/2017 | Patrick Bigger (Lancaster University): discussion of ‘Weaponizing nature’ and presentation of a new draft paper.
- 29/11/2017 | Jasper Montana: discussion of draft paper ‘Expert authority and the global environment as products of politicalorganisation’
- 06/12/2017 | Adeniyi Asiyanbi (University of Sheffield), presentation of project on global environmental governance
- 13/12/2017 | Dan Brockington (University of Sheffield), presenting a draft article, still TBC
- 31/01/2018| Kristof Titeca (University of Antwerp) – discussion of ‘Ivory trade: bringing in the ivory trader. Case-study Uganda’